Thursday 7 January 2016

Goodbye Buster my Dearest most Special Friend

I am very sad and sorry to tell you that Buster died cuddling me in his bed yesterday evening at approx 7.20. 

I loved him deeply and he was my closest buddy and always cheerfully there for me and everyone else in the family. I told him many times in those last 15 minutes how much I loved him and how much fun we had together and how much he had enriched all our lives. 

He and I went out together for our short last walk in the sunshine yesterday morning (although I didn't know it was the last then) and at that time I was still optimistic that he could recover, at least partially. 

Since Sunday morning when it was evident something was wrong I've taken him to the Vet everyday except Monday and he had both medication and pain relief. It seems that he had a series of strokes that could not be contained. We still have Bobby & Buffy and I love them too but Buster was so special to me. This morning I've arranged for him to be cremated and we'll get him back in a week. 

Although the raw heartbreaking pain of his passing is so hard to bear right now; I am very, very, very happy and extremely grateful that he was in our lives for nearly 14 years; he was such a special friend. I will remember him with love in my heart for the rest of my life.

Goodbye Buster and thank you.







The loss of a pet can be devastating and sometimes you need some help to get through. Long after Buster passed I found this ebook by Robin Jean Brown, The Dependable ROAR Method.

If you think this article is useful you can make a small donation to me here  Thank you for your support.